A little Google searching here and there provided some exciting reads for the Thanksgiving holiday and beyond. Peruse at your leisure before, during, and after Thanksgiving and all the eats!
- Thanksgiving Mice! by Bethany Roberts, illustrated by Doug Cushman (ages 2-5).
- Thank You Thanksgiving by David Milgrim (ages 1-4)
- 1621, A Look at Thanksgiving by Catherine O’Neill Grace (ages 8-12)
- Ankle Soup by Maureen Sullivan (ages 4-8)
- An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving by Louisa May Alcott (teens and adults)
- City of the Beasts by Isabelle Allende (YA adventure)
- Here, There Be Dragons by James A. Owen (YA adventure)
- Bittersweet by Susan Wittig Albert (a cozy mystery)
- The Ghost at the Table by Suzanne Berne (novel)
- Nothing with Strings: NPR’s Beloved Holiday Stories by Bailey White (short stories)
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade by Robert M. Grippo (nonfiction with photos)
- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler (novel)
And if reading isn’t scheduled during your Thanksgiving, any of these make great gifts as the holidays approach.